News from Haiti

Monday, February 06, 2006

Charlito To The Haitian People: Thank you (Charles Henri Baker)

Port-au-Prince, February 6, 2006. In a statement released by his Port-au-Prince campaign headquarters, Independent candidate for President of Haiti, Charles Henri Baker, thanked the Nation for its support during the period of national elections.

Baker said, “I want to thank the Haitian people for their support and for their prayers during this national campaign. It is clear that the Haitian people share a deep love for our country, and they are ready to move forward together to create a better society. For their kind words and warm embraces, I thank them from the bottom of my heart.

I am eager to move forward and take on the challenges facing our Nation. I want to be the President of the “United People of Haiti.” I will work everyday for reconciliation and national dialogue to bring our communities together. We will work with all who want to work with us. Let us come, united, to the table of cooperation, and dedicate ourselves to the hard work ahead. God Bless Haiti and all of its people.”